Spider Vein Treatment
What Are Spider Veins?
Varicose veins are large, raised, swollen blood vessels that twist and turn. They usually develop in the legs and can be seen through the skin. They result from a weakening in the blood vessel wall or from faulty valves. They can show up anywhere on the body but most often appear on the legs or pelvic area.
Spider veins are smaller, red, purple, and blue vessels that also twist and turn. Spider veins are easily visible through the skin, as well. They affect the capillaries, the body’s smallest blood vessels. Spider veins, which are red or blue, look like a spider’s web or tree branch. They are typically visible on the legs and face.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins and Spider Veins
Many people with varicose veins complain of pain, described as an aching or cramping in the legs. Other common symptoms include tiredness, restlessness, burning, throbbing, tingling, or heaviness in the legs. Pain from these veins is usually relieved by elevating the legs or by wearing support hose, also called compression stockings.
In women, symptoms may be worse during certain parts of the menstrual cycle or during pregnancy. Less common is swelling, ulcers, and a darkening of the skin, especially in the ankle region. Occasionally, varicose veins can form a painful blood clot with inflammation of the vein, a condition called thrombophlebitis.
If you’re one of the estimated 30 million Americans with venous disease, you’re not alone.
The good news is that thanks to Asclera®, you may no longer need to feel self-conscious about showing your legs due to spider veins. Asclera® is an FDA-approved treatment used in a procedure called sclerotherapy. It’s administered to treat two types of veins in the lower extremities:
• Uncomplicated spider veins (very small varicose veins ≤ 1 mm in diameter)
• Uncomplicated small varicose veins (1 to 3 mm in diameter) known as reticular veins
The Asclera® procedure
• Your provider or vascular specialist injects Asclera® into the vein.
• Over a period of weeks, the treated veins collapse and become less visible.
• Over time, the body naturally resorbs the treated vein.
• NON-SURGICAL | Administered in a provider’s office
• RELIABLE | FDA-approved in the U.S. since 2010
• CONVENIENT | Each session typically lasts 15 to 45 minutes
• SATISFIED PATIENTS | 88% of clinical study patients were satisfied or very satisfied with treatment after 12 weeks